Sunday, June 3, 2012

Journal Pages

Here is a great activity that helps keep your kids minds thinking. 
A daily journal page!!
I love this because you can start your child doing this as young as you wish.
I helps them practice their writing skills, use their creative juices to answer the question and they get to use their art skills.
But the best part of all is, I hope to start teaching my children about journal keeping.
I have made a book for them (I will show in another post) and each day I ask a question and they can answer it. Every Friday they can write whatever they want to write about.

Sometimes I write some of the sentence for them and Ryker needs to fill in the blanks.





Amelia is still learning how to write so I wrote the sentence for her with a marker and then she traced it with a pencil.

These are older journal pages, but normally I have them write their name and the date.

Here is a link to blank journal page you can download and copy. Get started with your kids, then when you have a little free time, try and make them a book or buy a children's journal page already made.





This is a journal you can buy.


No comments:

Post a Comment